Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

The Assembly Hall of the Cantonese Chinese Congregation (Hoi Quan Quang Dong), built in 1855 by members of the local Cantonese community. It was later restored in 1915 and again 1990.

Assembly Hall Cantonese Chinese Congregation

The Assembly Hall of the Cantonese Chinese Congregation (Hoi Quan Quang Dong), built in 1855 by members of the local Cantonese community. It was later restored in 1915 and again 1990.

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Assembly Hall Cantonese Chinese Congregation

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Assembly Hall Cantonese Chinese Congregation

Many ancient objects still remain inside, including four horizontal lacquered boards 1.6, tall and 0.6m wide bronze incense burner, a pair of Chinese porcelain enamelled terra cotta chairs and many other precious objects that belonged to the Chinese community of Hoi An.

Hoi An Ancient Town

Hoi An is located 30km south of Da Nang along the Thu Bon River. Known as Faifo to early Western marchants. It was a major trading centre in Southeast Asia betwwen the 16th and 17th centuries. Hoi An was also an important port for Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and other merchant vesseels from the Far East (later supplanted by Da Nang).

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Hoi An Ancient Town

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

My Son Sanctuary is a group of temple towers of Cham People. It lies in a narrow valley in Duy Tan Commune, Duy Xuyen District, 70km southwest od Da Nang, City, 20km away from the Tra Kieu Citadel, and 40km away from the ancient city of Hoi An.

Various researches by archaeologists and architects have revealed that at the beginning, there was only one small wooden temole built by King Bhadresvara I in late 4th century. In the 7th century, King Sambhuvarman had it rebuilt, using more durable material from then on, successive Cham Kings, when enthroned, had their temple towers constructed as offerings to their gods.

Japanese Covered Bridge

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Hoi An Ancient Town

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Japanese Covered Bridge

The Japanese Covered Bridge , also called the Pagoda Bridge, was built in the 16th century and is still incredibly well preserved. On the northern side of the brige is a japanese pagoda to protect sailors. There are statues of two dogs located at the western end of the bridge and two monkey at the eastern end. It is said that the construction started in the year of the dog, according to Chinese calendar. Other legend is said that the started in the year of the monkey and finished in the year of the dog, according to Chinese calendar. Other legend is said that the statues on the bridge might have been put there by the japanese to control this monster, since the dog and the monkey are sacred animal according to their Totem religion.

Quan Cong Temple                

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Quan Cong Temple

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Quan Cong Temple

   

Located 24 Tran Phu St., Quan Cong Temple is one of the typical temples in Hoi An’s old quater. Built in 1653, it was dedicated to Quan Thanh De Quan (Quan Van Truong), a general in the three kingdom period of ancient China who was a model of loyslty to the king and a dutiful son to his parents.

Quan Cong Temple was constructed according to the Chinese charater “Quoc”, with many house combined together. The houses are linked together by rafters, and roofed with colourful glazed pipe shaped tiles. They are also decorated with colourful porcelain lemon-tree flowers, dragons and small lions.

Thu Bon River

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Thu Bon River

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Thu Bon River

Thu Bon River os one of the nicest waterways in Viet Nam. As such, it has been repeatedly portrayed in poetry. The river begins at an altitude of 2,598m in the Ngoc Linh Mountain and then runs across the south western mountainous area to meet the Tien and Tranh River at Quy Tan.

Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall

Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall, also called Kim Son Pagoda, was built in Hoi An in 1692 by Chinese Phuoc Kien meachants. Is has since been restored and enhanced many times. Because it was used for worship as well as for meeting by the Chinese from Phuoc Kien Province, this construction is now called the Phuoc Kien Assembly Hall.

Tam Ky House

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Tam Ky House

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Tam Ky House

Tam Ky House, at 101 Nguyen Thai Hoc Road, was contructed almost two centuries ago as the house of a Vietnamese marchant. Is has always been lovingly preserved and now looks almost exactly as it did in the early 19th century.

The design of Tan Ky House shows how local architecture incorporated Japanese and Chinese influences. Japanese elements include the crab shell shaped ceiling supported by three beams in the living room. Chinese poems written in mother of pearl are hanging from a nukber of the colums that hold up the roof.

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions

Quang Nam Tourist Attractions Article Tags :